Thursday, May 10, 2007

sketchbook for charity, page 011





This pen & ink drawing is part of my "Sketchbook for Charity" project. Like many artists, I spend a lot of time drawing in a sketchbook. Until now I haven't done anything with these drawings. Then I realized that through
Etsy, I could sell them, and give that money to charity.


When you purchase this drawing, $20 will be donated to First Book, an international nonprofit organization that gives children from low-income families the opportunity to read and own their first new books, and provides a supply of new books to children participating in community-based mentoring, tutoring, and family literacy programs. For more about First Book, visit their website at www.firstbook.org.

This is an original page from my 8 x 5 inch Moleskine watercolor notebook. It comes "as is," meaning untrimmed, and with the perforated edge at the top; I think it would look interesting left this way, as a page, and floated in a frame, but it can be trimmed or matted to have straight edges.

This drawing is priced at $23. $3 is to help me cover the costs of Etsy, Paypal, and supplies. When you pay for this drawing, I will turn right around and donate $20 to First Book via their website. You will be sent a copy of confirmation of this donation with the drawing so that you can be sure your money was indeed donated. $20 is enough to provide EIGHT new books to children in need.

You get a nifty little original drawing, and eight children receive their very own brand new books to read and cherish. How can you lose?

S O L D